Home Swimming Pool Rules
Having a Life Saver Pool Fence is a great way to add to your swimming pool safety. A fence, however, is only one layer of pool safety. Here are some home swimming pool rules that can be used by your family to make your season even safer!
- There must always be an adult who can swim present in order for children to be allowed in the pool.
- The pool is off-limits when there is lightning or thunder.
- There must always be a portable or cellular telephone near the pool in case of emergency.
- At least one adult family member must know CPR and first-aid.
- No running around the swimming pool.
- Teach all children to swim as early as possible.
- Keep the areas around the pool free of clutter.
- All children who don't know how to swim must wear a flotation device at all times.
- No diving into the pool.
- No swimming after dark if there are no lights that can illuminate the bottom of the pool.
- No vacuums and other tools in the pool while swimming.
- Pool chemicals are kept locked, away from the pool.
- No glass allowed in the pool area.
- No extension cords or other electricity sources near the pool.
- ALWAYS keep your removable pool fence in place. Only remove pool fencing for maintenance.
- Ensure that your Life Saver Oklahoma swimming pool fence is properly installed, the pool gates are closed and that the fence and gates are in good, working condition. Inspect at least 2 times per year.