July 17th – July 23rd, 2016 is Pool Safely Pledge Week hosted by poolsafely.gov.
Join us in pledging to make sure your family is safer around water this year. Get a safety pool fence installed around your swimming pool as an extra layer of protection. It only takes a minute to pledge and you even get to download a cool certificate to show off your pool safely pledge! What exactly are you pledging to? Here are the details:
I pledge that I will…
- Designate a water watcher every single time children in my care are in or near the water.
- Make sure my kids know how to swim.
- As a parent or guardian, learn CPR.
- Always remove portable pool ladders when not in use.
- Ensure all permanent pools have a proper fence and gate and safer drain covers.